March Magic - My progess so far


Hi everyone! This month on Dream, Create, Journal, Geraldine has organised March Magic. This is a creative exploration of ourselves whilst focusing on one dream and nuturing it. You can read more about the introduction to March Magic here.

It took me a while to focus on what I wanted. There are many things I could dream for, there are some big things I want in life. However a few of these were complicated or perhaps it's not the right time in my life. So because of this I had a delayed start to March Magic.

I actually started with creating my first spread without working to a prompt. I didn't overthink it, I simply found some creative materials, different papers, words and a photograph of myself. At the same time as doing this, I found an A5 weekly page layout created for the Lollipop Box so I added this to my sketchbook. My intention would be to add the word prompts of the week to each day.
As well as this, due to being a team member, I had already bought my plant. A sunflower in a beautiful yellow ceramic barrel. With this in mind I painted what would be my 'plant' page green and yellow.

 

This is where I left it until I could structure my journey. Unfortunately around the same time I hit a difficult point in a part of my life which is challenging my mental health and is taking all of my strength. This is still very much ongoing. I fortunately have family, Geraldine and Jeni to help me through it.

With this all going on, I realised what I wanted was something much more closer to me than life plans. It was to find myself, find my strength and know that I can put my mind to things and get what is best for me.

 

I believe this must have been in me somewhere when creating my first spread. I had used all of my favourite colours and a theme that speaks to me. Stars and astonomy from a Little Rainbow Moon kit. I pulled out words that I found to be powerful and uplifting. I had already created a tip-in and the back of this had a piece of paper from the Lollipop Box saying 'Let's Do This!'. Here is where I wrote my journal prompt for day one and 'Wish'.

 

I then have the weekly planner spread with my words....

   

As the next page had already been painted, I had my base for work. I had yet to plant my seed as I had been in a bad place mentally and didn't want to plant all that negativity into the pot. So I waited until I felt stronger and planted. I placed three Sunflower seeds into the pot and I also found a little bean with the word 'hope' written on it. I decorated the page with leaf stickers and washi and wrote my journal prompt for 'Plant'.

 

Now this is where I fall behind. 'Allow' is the final page I currently have created. I still need to create 'Cultivate' and 'Gratitude'.
For 'allow', I gathered some green scrapbook materials and arranged them on the page. The top left of the spread has a journal card with a happy little forest spirit.



I have wanted to use this journal card for ages but couldn't find the right purpose. I love that she appears to be carefree and enjoying life. I want to be like that, enjoying every single day, finding my happy. I may have to go through some bad for the time being but ultimately if I keep moving forward it will take me to my happy.

 

So that's where I'm up to at the moment. I've just dug out some journal cards to use for one of the next two spreads. I will keep you posted. My little plant is sat on my desk in my creative space, it's only been a few days but I will update when it starts to grow.

I have loved seeing everyone's posts in the group, it's so inspiring and it encourages me to keep going. 

Thanks for stopping by,
 Kelly

Where else you can find me:
 The Scrapbook Girl
Instagram
Pinterest
Youtube

Comments

Popular Posts